UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT KEARNEY
At the University of Nebraska at Kearney, we are difference makers. UNK is an affordable, student-centered hub of intellectual, cultural and artistic excellence. We are committed to providing an outstanding education in a personal setting; and to preparing you for professional success in your chosen field. UNK transforms 6,800 students, nearly 500 international, into a supportive community of friends; a place to call home wherever you come from.
- Kearney is a thriving regional population center in the heart of the U.S., where the air and environment are clean and the campus and community are beautiful, safe and welcoming
- Many indoor and outdoor sports, recreation and entertainment opportunities, as well as beautiful natural attractions and parks
- An excellent place to improve English, as English without regional accents or dialects is spoken here
- A great balance between traditional American culture and a vibrant international student community
- Driving distance to several major cities
- Comprehensive university curriculum – over 200 majors and minors
- Nationally recognized faculty dedicated to teaching and research
- National pacesetter in undergraduate research funding and participation
- Support Services: Academic/Career Advising, Writing Center, Tutoring Center, etc.
- Small class size average of 24 and 14:1 student to faculty ratio, promoting personal learning relationships
- Nearly all classes taught by professors
- Caring, helpful International Student Services personnel who assist you in preparing for your arrival, and provide orientation and immigration information once you are here
- Fully accredited by NCAHLC, and numerous individual program accreditations including prestigious AACSB accreditation in the College of Business and Technology
- Exciting campus life with over 180 student organizations, sports, and music groups you can join, and performances and athletic events you can attend
- Integrated ‘academic village’ – students can live where they learn, with classrooms, faculty and services nearby
- International Friendship Program introduces you to caring local families to share cultures and enjoy activities together
- Year-round campus housing
- The most affordable university education in the region
- One of the lowest university tuition rates in the U.S.
English Language Institute
- Provides quality instruction to nonnative speakers of English to equip them for academic success in undergraduate studies
- Sixteen week sessions in fall and spring, 10 week summer session
- Six course levels. Courses are designed on an intensive immersion schedule of 18 hours weekly
- Courses are organized around the skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening, while focusing on grammar difficulties and vocabulary expansion
- Small class size average of 12
- Supplemental activities:
- Conversation Partners – pairs you with an American student to meet for conversation six times per semester
- Conversation Table – meets one hour weekly for six weeks. Open to everyone on campus and in Kearney to converse in English with a variety of people
- Full use of university facilities, academic services, and immigration advising
- Same opportunities as undergraduate students to be involved in campus life through student organizations, recreation, on- and off-campus events and activities, and International Friendship Program
UNK offers you a great education at an affordable cost. Kearney offers you beautiful surroundings, a safe and welcoming community, and a clean environment. It is also a lively college town, with plenty of dining, entertainment and recreation opportunities. UNK and Kearney – a great deal and a great experience.