Columbia College is a private liberal arts and sciences institution that was founded in 1851. Located in the center of the United States in Columbia, Missouri, the college offers international students the opportunity to enjoy the true American college experience. The college offers four-year bachelor’s degrees, as well as an English for Academic Purposes program and is attended by students from all over the United States and more than 30 different countries. Many international students attend Columbia College because of its small campus feel and big college town atmosphere.
As a student here, you’ll enjoy:
- Scholarship opportunities for international students, including automatic and competitive awards, ranging from $2,500 to full tuition.
- Small classes, with more opportunities to get to know your professors and fellow students.
- Classes taught by outstanding professors, most of whom hold PhDs or the highest degree available in their field.
- More than 50 campus student organizations, including academic, social, service, and religious clubs.
- Residence Halls located right on campus, with 24 hour security patrols.
- Life in Columbia, Missouri, ranked among the best college towns in the United States
- Cougar athletic teams that regularly win their conference championships, in soccer, volleyball, basketball, golf, softball and track and field. You also get free entry to all home events!
As a private college, tuition levels for international students are identical to those paid by residents of the United States. Our focus is on providing outstanding degree programs that truly prepare you for a successful future. Graduates routinely go on to excellent careers in a range of industries, as well as some of the top graduate schools in the nation, including Harvard Law, New York University, and Washington University.
Columbia College offers more than 35 degree programs, award-winning professors and a range of scholarships. We are dedicated to keeping classes small so that you get the most out of your academic experience.
Our English for Academic Purposes program provides quality language instruction and shared cultural experiences to non-native speakers of English with an emphasis on the skills necessary for academic success and integration into the American college experience.