California State University, Fresno (Fresno State)
Address: 5241 N Maple Ave, Fresno, CA 93740, United States
Tel: +1 559.278.2782
California State University, Fresno (Fresno State) is a nationally ranked, four year and above, accredited university located in central California, with 68 undergraduate degree programs and 45 master’s degree programs, a vibrant student body of 25,000+ students annually, and international students representing 70+ countries.
- Over 235,000 alumni have become prominent leaders, innovators and critical thinkers in every industry, transforming our region and communities across the world.
- Three “named” schools resulting from multimillion dollar gifts, and 13 endowed chairs are earning Fresno State a reputation as one of the West Coast’s best universities (College Portrait)
We call ourselves Bulldogs and the Bulldog spirit is infectious. Whether you’re a prospective student or parent we invite you to explore what Fresno State has to offer and consider the University as part of your plan for the future!
- Top 100 Public Schools – S. News and World Report’s 2021 Best College rankings
- Ranked #2 in the best affordable schools in California for bachelor’s degree by net.
- Awarded the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine for the 8th time.
WHY FRESNO STATE
- Fresno State is in the heart of California, known as the Central Valley.
- 5th largest city in California, providing students with easy access to a vast number of sports teams, organizations, facilities, venues, and internship opportunities.
- Conveniently located within a three-hour drive to both Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Three National Parks, Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon, are right in our backyard. Breathtaking scenery, spectacular canyons, cascading rivers and waterfalls, the world’s largest trees, and endless trails are a short drive away.
- Student-faculty ratio 23:1, personalized attention, and faculty mentoring
- High-quality academic programs prepare students to tackle real-world needs and transform communities in the region and across the world.
- Faculty and students continuously conduct pioneering applied research, fostering collaboration between some of the brightest minds in agriculture, engineering, science and mathematics, health, arts and humanities, social sciences and education.
- Access to internship opportunities.
- Approximately 1,400 acres, with over 4,000 trees and lots of green open spaces, providing a park-like environment to study
- NCAA-Division 1 athletics
- Library ranked No. 25 in a listing of the “amazing” top 50 college and university libraries in the nation by College Rank
- A planetarium on campus
- Home to the Save Mart Center, the largest university indoor arena on the West Coast
- Home of the nation’s largest and first commercial bonded winery on a university campus
- Full working farm, creamery and farm market store provide hands-on experience and educational training
There are many clubs and organizations, including fraternities and sororities, academic groups, cultural and minority groups, and special interest groups including political organizations and a meditation association. Recreational activities include board games, tap dance, bowling, rodeo, and environmental interests. Art galleries, dramatic and musical performances, and a planetarium also provide opportunities for entertainment and learning.